The Civil Supplies Department was originally only a regulatory Department. Subsequently, its activities have been diversified to include procurement of food grains under Minimum Support Price (MSP), Aadhaar based distribution of essential commodities viz. Rice, Wheat,Sugar, Kerosene through 333 Fair Price Shops under the Public Distribution System at subsidized rates through Fair Price Shops to the 158138 Food Security card holders , issue of cards, consumer affairs, monitoring of prices of essential commodities, distribution of LPG connections to BPL women (PMUY)etc.,
- Ensure for procurement of paddy at MSP by Telangana State Civil Supplies Corporation, etc. Decentralized procurement.
- Aadhaar based distribution of essential commodities through e-Pos machines under Public Distribution System as per the guidelines under NFS Act 2013
- Arranges supply of sannabiyyam to all Govt., Schools under Mid-Day Meals scheme and all Welfare Hostels and common rice to the Anganwadi Centres under wheat based nutrition programme.
- Sanction of Deepam connections to the eligible families.
- Arranges Consumer awareness through Consumer Clubs, Consumer Voluntary Organisations, Seminars, workshops and World and National Consumer Rights Days on 15th March and 24thDecember of every year respectively.
- Executes the enforcement activity under various Control Orders issued under Essential Commodities Act, 1955 for checking against hoarding, black marketing, diversions. etc. of essential commodities like, edible oils, edible oil seeds, Petroleum Products viz., Kerosene, Diesel, LPG, Petrol etc. and action under Section 6 A of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 and PDS rice under TS PDS Control Order 2016.
- Monitoring of prices of essential commodities and Market Intervention Operations for controlling the open market prices, if need arises.
- As convener arranges the meetings of the Price Monitoring Committee under the Chairmanship of the Collector periodically.
1. Distribution of ECs under Public Distribution System:
|S.No.||Total No. of cards||FS cards||AFS cards||AP cards|
|2||Total allotment of rice in MTs: 3524.635||3167.37||355.845||1.42|
2.Supplying of 160 KLs of kerosene to all BPL card holders @ 1 per ltr per card @ Rs.32/- per Ltr.
3. Sanna Biyyam to Schools and Welfare Hostels:
- A quantity of 674.89 Qtls of sanna biyyam is supplied to 995 students of 55 hostels run by the Welfare Departments of SC/ST/BC/WD &CW, Disabled, Minority /Education Department etc.
- Under Mid-day Meals Scheme, 1428.00 Qtls of sannabiyyam is supplied every month to 473 Schools covering 61273 students.
- Supply of 162.03 qtls of common rice is supplied to 713 ICDS/ AWC centres covering children and pregnant women under Wheat based Nutrition programme.
4.Jogulamba Gadwal District has started the distribution of Essential Commodities through e-pos machines and e-pos machines rolled out in 331 FP shops and distributing the Essential Commodities from January 2018, which resulted savings of about around 350 MTs of Rice per month an average which values 1.5 crores per month.
5. LPG connections were allotted to Jogulamba Gadwal District under Deepam Scheme & PMUY , a list of 25728,LPG & 26058 connections as respectively.
Enforcement Staff Details:
|S.No.||Name of the Deputy Tahsildar (Enft)||Head Quarters||Jurisdiction||Phone No.|
|3||L.Ganpath Rao||Gadwal||Gadwal,Ghattu,Dharoor,K.T Doddi||9052940692|