HANDLOOMS AND TEXTILES
There are (24) Primary weavers Coop. Societies registered in the Jogulamba Gadwal district (Cotton/Wool/Garment/ Powerlooms/ Tailors) and the breakup of the societies are as under:
I. Details of Weavers Co-op. Societies Registered are as under:-
|SI. No||Category of Societies||No. of Societies Working||No. of Societies Dormant||Total||No of units grounded|
|1||Handloom Weavers Co-op. Societies||8||6||14||1201|
|2||Powerloom Co-op. Societies||–||1||1||138|
|4||Tailors Co-op. Societies||–||7||7||15|
In the district the following Development and Welfare schemes are being implemented by the Department and the progress is as under:
- Cash Credit Scheme:-Under the scheme, (5) Societies have been sanctioned an amount of Rs.111.00 Lakhs for the year 2018-19 and the proposals have been received from Primary Weavers Coop.Societies for the year 2019-20 and will be submitted to DCCB, Mahabubnagar with due approval of the Dist. Collector, Jogulamba Gadwal for sanction of C.C .Limit to provide more work to the weavers of the societies.
- Pradhanmanthri Weavers Mudra Yojana:-For the year 2019-20 proposals will be submitted to the concerned Banks for sanction of PM.MUDRA schemes to the eligible individual weavers.
- Pavalavaddi Scheme:-Under the Scheme, an amount of Rs: 8.63 lakhs released towards (4) HWCS Co-op societies for the year 2018-19 in Jogulamba Gadwal District. And the proposals have been received for the year 2019-20 and same will be submitted to the Director of Handlooms and Textiles, & AEPs., Telangana, Hyderabad with due approval of the District Collector, Jogulamba Gadwal.
- SCHEME FOR TRAINING & INFRASTRUCTURAL SUPPORT TO HANDLOOM SECTOR (CFC):-Under the scheme, an amount of Rs.19.00 Lakhs have been sanctioned by the State Govt. For construction of Common Facility Scheme at Handloom Weavers Co-op. Society Ltd., Macherla and an amount of Rs.1.90 Lakhs has been transferred to Panchayat Raj Dept. For commencement of CFC works and yet to commence the CFC works at HWCS Macherla.
- Handloom Park, Gadwal:-With an aim to provide continuous employment to (300) weavers, a Handloom Park,Gadwal is proposed to be established at Pudoor village of Gadwal Mandal to an extent of 47.00 acres with an estimated cost of project of Rs.14.98 crocres for which DPR is under preparation as per requirements of Weavers of the Gadwal. Further as per the request of the District Collector, Jogulamba Gadwal District the Director of Handlooms and Textiles, & AEPs., Telangana, Hyderabad has addressed a letter to the Principal Secretary to Govt., Industries & Commerce Dept., Telangana Hyderabad to conduct a high level committee meeting for preparation of the DPR.
- Thrift Fund Scheme:-The State Govt. has introduced the New Scheme by name “Telangana State Handloom Weavers Thrift fund and Savings –cum-Security scheme” for the benefit of the weavers.The scheme is applicable to all the weavers engaged in the weaving handloom activity including coop./outside coop.fold and in allied pre-weaving/preparatory activities like Dyeing/Designing/Warping/Winding/Sizing etc.,.Under the scheme, awareness camps have been conducted at ,Rajoli, Ghattu, Ieeza, Gadwal, Aragidda and Eklaspur villages and opened 3552 RD-1 and RD-2 accounts and transferred an amount of Rs.579.322 Lakhs so far for implementation of scheme.
- 40% Input Subsidy Linked Wage compensation(Chenetha Mithra):-Under the scheme, an amount of Rs.47.07 Lakhs has been sanctioned to the ( 3760) Master Weavers, Main weavers and ancillary weavers.
- Pradhan Manthri Jeevan Jyothi Bheema Yojana (PMJJBY) :-Pradhan Mantrhi Jeevan Jyothi Bheema Yojana Scheme (PMJJBY) Sheme offering Life insurance cover for death due to any reasons it would be a (1) year cover renewable on year to year basis , under this scheme all Handloom weavers are eligible , who are the age group of 18 to 50 years. Further Rs. 2.00 lakhs is payable to the beneficiary’s death due to any cause for (1) year period from 1st June to 31st May.
- Pradhan Manthri Suraksha Bheema Yojana (PMSBY) :-The Pradhan Manthri Suraksha Bheema Yojana (PMSBY) scheme is an Insurance Scheme offering accidental insurance cover for death or disability. It would be a (1) year cover, renewable for year to year basis, under this scheme all Handloom weavers are eligible , who are the age group of 18 to 50 years.
Survey of looms:-
As per the Survey of handlooms conducted by the Karvy Institution,Hyderabad there are ( 2140) geo tagged looms are available in the Dist.
Distribution of Bathukamma Sarees:-
A total of 1,65,280 bathukamma sarees were distributed among 1,85,388 white ration card women in the district.