Fisheries is one of the fast growing sector generating income and employment.This sector aims at exploitation of all the possible resources under capture and culture Fisheries for increasing fish production and productivity through sustainable development. The sector is contributing for ,food security,nutrition and health, lively hood security to rural population, and welfare of fishers. The Jogulamba Gadwal Dist is having 7 No.of Reservoirs with 3549 WSA 34 Gramapanchayat Tanks 2467 WSA 35 Departmental Tanks 4135 WSA 4411 No.of Society members.
Activities of department of Fisheries in Jogulamba Gadwal District:
- Implementation of various state and central sectoral schemes in the district for welfare of fishermen.
- Fisheries department will provide technical assistance to Fishermen/fish farmer in culturing of fish and prawan.
- Organizing training programe and awareness camps for fishermen in the district and also exposure visits to near districts.
- Stocking of fish seed in tanks & Reservoir in the Jogulamba Gadwal District on 100% subsidy.
- Encouraging the people to form the new fishermen fisher women and Licence holders marketing cooperative societies.
Developmental Schemes :-
- Leasing of Government water tanks to Fishermen Cooperative Societies for the development of fisheries .
- Stocking of fish seed on 100% grant in reservoirs and tanks
- Establishment of fish markets in Gram Panchayaths and Municipalities.
- Construction of community halls to Fishermen Cooperative Societies.
- Subsidy for construction of fish/prawn ponds and inputs for 1st year
- Organizing SHGs of fishermen/women and providing revolving fund to sell the fishes.
Welfare Schemes :-
- Group Accident Insurance scheme to Fishermen and Ex-gratia.
Under Group Accident insurance scheme the active fishermen,will be paid Rs.2.00 lakhs as insurance from govt of india and Rs.4.00 Lakhs as exgrtia from state govt to the legal heirs of the deceased fishermen.
Other Dept programs :-
- Implementation legislation regarding ban on alivinets and ban on culture of African catfish clarius garapenieus.
- Providing of Licences on yearly bans rivers to the fishermen on Thungabadra & Krishna .
- The Integrated Fisheries Development Schemes is aimed to improve the basic facilities of production & Marketing of fishes.
- The following components are grounded in Integrated Fisheries Development Schemes Jogulamba Gadwal District are as follows.
|Sl.No||Unit cost||Subsidy||Beneficiary Contribution|
|1||Supply of Mopeds||50,000||37,500||12500||1201|
|2||Supply of plastic crates||4,000||3,000||1000||138|
|3||Supply of Luggage Auto||5,00,000||3,75,000||1,25,000||28|
|4||Portable Vending Kiosk||20,000||15,000||5,000||15|
|5||Mobile fish outlets||10,00,000||7,50,000||3,75,000||4|
|6||Supply of Hygienic Transport Vehicle||10,00,000||7,50,000||2,50,000||3|
|7||Construction of fish seed ponds /tanks||7,50,000||5,62,500||1,87,500||0|
|8||Construction of new fish ponds||8,50,000||6,37,500||2,12,500||0|
|9||Supply of Crafts and Nets||20,000||15,000||5,000||91|
|10||Revolving fund to the fisherwomen Cooperative society||2,00,000 To 500000||100% free grant||0||0|
|11||Construction of Retail fish market||10,00,000||10,00,000||0||0|
|12||Supply of Insulated Trucks||20,00,000||15,00,000||5,00,000||0|
|13||Establishmentof fish feed mill ( small )||15,00,000||11,25,000||3,75,000||0|
|14||Establishment of Ice plants||25,00,000||18,75,000||6,25,000||0|
|15||Establishment of Ornamental fish unit||5,00,000||3,75,000||1,25,000||0|
|17||Other innovative projects ( Food kiosks)||4,34,732||90% Subsidy||74,732||0|